I recently renovated my entire kitchen and one of the most exciting purchases I made (of course) was a new refrigerator – the Samsung RF28HMEDBSR french door. Energy efficiency and eco-friendliness are important to me, so these are among the reasons for choosing this appliance – you’ll find the rest below :).
Like other top Samsung products it meets the requirements of the Energy Star 2014 guidelines. I prefer models with the fridge on top of the freezer – it just makes better sense to me! I use the fridge more often, so why not have it right at eye level?
Although it has a couple of minor flaws, I am overall very happy with my purchase. In this review I will outline some of the features of this fridge and discuss its pros and cons.
The structure of this review:
- Features explained in detail
- What are it’s special features
- Other reviews and opinion that I got from actual customers
- My conclusion and ratings – based on the BFR statistical model
- Lists of pros and cons
- A short video review recorded by a customer
|Refrigerator Type and Capacity||This is a French Door refrigerator with a capacity of 28 cubic feet.
The capacity for fresh food is 19.80 cubic feet and the freezer capacity is 8.40 cubic feet.
|Drawers and Shelves||Tempered glass spill-proof shelves.
FlexZone drawer - can set four temperature options.
|Freshness Features||The Samsung RF28HMEDBSR French Door Refrigerator features the updated Twin Cooling Plus system.
This technology helps keep food fresh longer thanks to it's up to 3.6 times more humid environment (compared to single cooling units).
|Temperature Control||The temperature control is operated electronically.
The fridge cools down any stored item quickly and efficiently, saving you money on utility bills.
The temperature control is very precise and the fans inside create commercial-grade humidity.
The FlexZone drawer offers the option of four different temperature settings, from chill to soft freeze.
|Voltage and Certification||120 V.
Energy Star Certification.
|Design, Finish and Materials Used||The refrigerator is stainless steel.
|Full Dimension and Weight||The total weight of the product is 374.9 pounds.
The dimensions are 36 x 35.8 x 70 inches.
The Ice Master ice maker to produce up to 10 lbs of ice per day. This is a very convenient feature if you want ice cubes instantly in your drink.
The manufacturer warranty includes one year cover for parts and labor and five years for sealed systems parts and labor. The warranty on the compressor is 10 years.
Samsung RF28HMEDBSR French Door Refrigerator is an excellent option for larger families or people who need to store large amounts of food. The large capacity and clever design allow for plenty of storage. The doors can easily hold big bottles of milk or juice.
This model also features an excellent water filter. I’ve been trying to get into the habit of drinking more water every day to improve my health and lose weight, so I find it very helpful to have a glass of fresh, cool water at the push of a button.
Another advantageous feature of French Door fridges is the way the double doors open wide. It makes everything very accessible. The LED lighting is bright (while still being power efficient) and illuminates every corner so that you can see everything easily.
I find that Samsung RF28HMEDBSR has a very attractive, modern stainless steel design – though this might just be a personal preference. It does add style to my new kitchen decor.
Relevant reviews from customers
I’ve owned this refrigerator for almost six months now and I am very happy with it. It offers plenty of space and the lighting is excellent. It is quiet and the doors close very smoothly.
- I was slightly concerned that this fridge would stick out too much based on the advertised 36 inch dimensions. However, this was not a problem at all since it is more like 33.5 inches without the handle. The fridge fits nicely and I am very happy with the purchase.
- Finally a product that works the way it should! The interior is spacious and the water filter is excellent. I would recommend it to anyone.
Conclusion and my rating
This Samsung Refrigerator is very practical. It is a great fit for larger families and those who like cooking a lot. In my opinion this is a very good buy.
- Large storage capacity.
- The French Doors.
- The versatile middle drawer
- Wide range of temperature settings.
- Enough ice cubes for a big party.
- See more buyer reviews and pictures here. – amazon link
- This fridge makes a loud noise when someone uses the ice cube maker
- Because the fridge has a bright stainless steel finish, fingerprints are visible on the surface (although they can be wiped off easily).