A refrigerator is one of the most important household appliances nowadays. But before you go shopping for one, it is important to familiarize with some of the top technologies and options available on the market.
Reading through a few refrigerator review articles can help you get a grasp of what different manufacturers are up to. However, if you want to get an inside scoop, it is even more important to check a comparison chart that puts various brands on a level scale.
Talking about comparisons, here’s a rundown of the best refrigerators priced above $1000:
1. Fisher & Paykel RF170ADUSX4 Refrigerator Review
The Fisher & Paykel RF170ADUSX4 refrigerator is a one of a kind appliance by design, technology and reliability. It features a French Doors design, which is well known for providing wide access to spacious inner shelves. The model has 2 fruit and vegetable bins and a space to accommodate up to 4 stackable bottle holders. What’s more, it boasts rare features like ice boost, ice bin and scoop, door alarm, soft-close doors, ultra slim water dispenser, SmartTouch control panel and LED lighting. To top it up, there’s a 5 year warranty on sealed system parts and 2 year warranty on parts and labor.
- ActiveSmart food care technology that helps keep food fresher for longer.
- It maintains a controlled environment and optimum temperature.
- SmartTouch controls for flexible shelving and storage options.
- Slide out bins and trays.
- Concealed hinges to add to a clean and refined look.
- Consumes 585kWh/year.
- Total capacity of 16.9cu ft (12.1cu ft refrigerator and 4.8cu ft freezer).
- Intuitive electronic interface that is easy to use.
- EZKleen stainless steel finish that is both scratch resistant and sleek.
- Utilizes smart technology to save on energy.
- Sleek finish.
- Good storage capacity.
- Adjustable shelves.
- Not available in different color options.
Overall, Fisher and Paykel RF170ADUSX4 tops the rungs of technology, energy efficiency and reliability. Its intelligent use of available space and a host of SMART features catapult it miles ahead of the competition.
2. Sunpentown RF-320S Refrigerator Review
Built with a flush back design, RF-320S is perfect for small offices, kitchens and dorm rooms. It features a dual door design with stylish silver finish. Both doors are reversible. It has a mechanical thermostat control dial, which lets you set seven different temperature levels manually. It features detachable shelves. One of these shelves is made of wire and the other are of glass. There’s also a transparent storage draw available providing safe storage for fruits and vegetables. It has a can dispenser and tall bottle racks.
- Dual design separating the freezer compartment from the refrigerator compartment.
- Reversible doors.
- Removable shelves (wire and glass) alongside one removable transparent drawer.
- Has an ice cube tray.
- Mechanical thermostat control dial (seven settings).
- The flush back design makes it compact and perfect for small spaces.
- Has a stainless steel door which is durable and easy to maintain.
- Quite stable, thanks to its front leveling legs.
- Tall bottle racks and door mounted can dispenser.
- Net capacity of 3.2cu ft housed in 18.7inx33.7inx20.3in dimensions.
- Sleek, modern design.
- Low energy consumption (Energy Star Rated).
- The can dispenser isn’t of much use; some consider it a waste of valuable space.
The Sunpentown RF-320S is a no-frills, sturdy unit that is highly appreciated by buyers.
3. Whirlpool WRS325FDAW 25.4 Cu. Ft. White Side-By-Side Refrigerator Review
The 25.4 cubic foot Whirlpool WRS325FDAW side-by-side fridge is little bit expensive, but overall a great investment given its many premium features.
- Adjustable gallon-size door bins that easily move when and where you need to.
- Energy Star certified.
- Accu-Chill Temperature management system – delivers efficient cooling performance.
- PUR water filtration system.
- Slide out SpillGuard glass shelves to contain spills and leaks.
- LED interior lighting – makes it easy to see frozen and fresh food.
- Includes on-demand pulsed defrost system.
- Thru-the-door water and ice dispenser.
- It runs very quietly.
- Easy to clean – SpillGuard glass shelves.
- Offers plenty storage capacity.
- Saves money on utility bills.
- So far no major complaints recorded.
Whirlpool WRS325FDAW is one of the most appreciated modern refrigerators on the market (statement backed up by hundreds of happy customers).
4. KitchenAid KFIV29PCMS Architect II 28.6 Cu. Ft. French Door Refrigerator Review
Experience a fresh design – the KitchenAid KFIV29PCMS. This French door refrigerator features the latest trends in style and functionality.
- Capacity of 28-6 cubic feet.
- Comes in a stainless steel finish.
- Metal wine rack.
- 3-Tier freezer drawer.
- Icemaker, door alarm and ice water dispenser included.
- Electronic temperature control and digital temperature display.
- Platinum interior design with Preserva Food Care system.
- Includes crisper humidity controls.
- Dual evaporator system to keep food fresher and reduce odors.
- SpillGuard glass shelves that contain spills.
- Energy Star certified so it’s 25 percent more efficient than the minimum federal energy standards.
- Comes with touch controls that provide easy operation of all fridge functions.
- It’s so easy to keep things organized thanks to its 3-tier freezer drawer.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- Sometimes it has a higher pitched hum when running.
Though a bit expensive, taking into consideration it’s reliability, convenience and food freshness this fridge significantly out-performs an average refrigerator.