If you’re looking for a sturdy, energy efficient unit – that also looks good, then you should give serious consideration to this SPT RF-314SS Double Door Refrigerator by Sunpentown International.
This company manufactures eco-friendly fridges – going green to decrease energy usage and save you some money on your utility bills in the process.
In this review you’ll get:
- SPT RF-314SS features described in detail
- What makes it special
- My conclusion and rating
- Customer opinion on this double door refrigerator
Check out more reviews and see the amazon offer:
|Refrigerator type and capacity||Separate fridge and freezer compartments.
3.1 cu. ft. capacity.
The flush back design makes it great for college dorms.
|Drawers and shelves||The wire shelves (which are great for quick cleaning) slide out so you can better customize the space according to your specific needs.
You'll love the tall bottles rack and the slide-in can dispenser that's just perfect for sodas and juices.
|Freshness features||Transparent vegetable storage drawer.|
|Temperature Control||Adjustable thermostat for the fridge and freezer.|
|Voltage and certification||For those who are technically inclined, the input voltage for this unit is 115V / 60Hz. That means a power input of 80W / 1.0 Amp.
The noise output is only 40-44 db.
This compact refrigerator is Energy Star rated and UL rated.
|Design finish and materials used||Brushed stainless finish.
Fingerprints and smudges free.
Sturdy, high quality, easy-to-clean plastic interior.
|Full dimension and weight||18.5W x 19.875D x 33.5H.
Easy to move around - 59.5 lbs.
Among the things that puts it above its competitors (considering double door models in the same price range) it’s efficiency, versatility, temperature controls and it’s brushed stainless finish are a huge plus. Its sleek finish compliments any kitchen décor. Installation is a breeze, thanks to the free-standing design and the interior lighting is smartly positioned.
SPT offers 1 year limited manufacturer warranty. They also have a toll free number for any consumer service and assistance.
How does it compare to others?
The included owner’s manual makes it very easy to install as per the manufacturer’s specifications. The front legs are adjustable, so they allow independent leveling. The manual defrost lets you decide when it’s time to take care of the freezer and clean the whole thing up. Combining all of these with the affordable price makes this model a smart choice for any budget.
It’s size makes it a best-buy for a dorm room or studio, an RV or a small office.
With this fridge, small space doesn’t mean you have to give up on quality refrigeration.
What do buyers say about it?
Here are a couple of things that owners say about their SPT RF-314SS:
- “Call me crazy but I used a thermometer to check the temperature inside the fridge – it’s very steady even when I use it and open the door a lot. I set it to medium and the and the temperature is constant throughout – my food stays fresh for longer periods of time compared to my last refrigerator which was a Midea.”
- “I was surprised at how quiet this refrigerator is. I don’t even notice it and my bed is only a few feet away in my dorm room.”
- “I’m a Chemistry teacher and I use this fridge in my classroom. It’s so quiet, it never disturbs my classes. I highly recommend it.”
- “One thing I love about this refrigerator is the smooth, sturdy plastic interior. I’ve already hit it several times when I was throwing my soda can on the rack but it didn’t scratch nor chip. Even after intensive use (thanks to my kids) the doors seal tight each time. It’s a very sturdy unit that passed my family’s intensive usage test with flying colors.”
- The wire shelves are easy to clean and slide out.
- The glass vegetable crisper is fantastic.
- The separate adjustable thermostat – easy to customize settings.
- The unit maintains a steady temperature.
- The brushed stainless steel looks great and is easy to maintain.
- The sturdy plastic interior.
- Check out more customer ratings at Amazon >>>
The door bottom rack can’t accommodate some of the larger size bottles.