Shopping for the best refrigerator can be stressful especially when it comes to comparing the various models on the market.
While most offer value for money, I believe some of the most cost-effective refrigerators on the market hover right around the $500 to $999 price range. Although you get lots of bells and whistles with up market models, the best inexpensive refrigerators also do an excellent job.
So, ready for a new fridge?
Check out our picks for the best refrigerators in the price range $500 – $999. No matter what you choose off this list, rest assured you will get an excellent value for every penny you spend.
1. Danby-DAR1102WE 11-Cu.Ft. Designer Mid-Size All-Refrigerator
Providing a wide array of features, this fridge offers a great refrigeration solution at the most affordable price. Its big selling point is the small footprint which fits perfectly even in small kitchen space. It is perfect for those looking for a medium-sized fridge with no freezer compartment.
- It is Energy Star compliant.
- Comes with a crystal vegetable crisper that gives you quick and easy access to fresh vegetables.
- Full-width glass-shelves that are adjustable for maximum storage.
- Features canstor door liner, tall bottle storage and egg storage.
- Its total capacity is 311 liters (11.0 cubic foot) and weighs only 148 pounds.
- Recessed door handle – keeps a minimalist design.
- Comes with an automatic defrost and mechanical thermostat.
- The door hinge is reversible to allow for both right and left opening configurations.
- With dimensions of just 24.9 D x 23.10 W, this fridge can fit in relatively small spaces.
- Makes a great refrigerator for wet bars and recreation rooms.
- It is quiet and very energy efficient.
- No freezer compartment. However, this is not necessarily a drawback but something to keep in mind as you explore your options.
For the money you pay, this refrigerator really is a steal.
2. LG Electronics LRBP1031W 10 Cu. Ft. Refrigerator
Looking for the best counter-depth refrigerator? Well, this LG Electronics LRBP1031W might be the right choice.
- Two tempered glass shelves that give your fridge a sophisticated design.
- Electronic temperature controls.
- Ice maker.
- A quick freezing drawer (twice as fast freezing time).
- Contoured doors with integrated handles.
- Multi-Air Flow Freshness system to keep your food fresher for longer.
- Two vegetable crispers.
- Comes with a free 10 year manufacturer warranty on major components.
- Compact but holds more than enough.
- The Multi-Air Flow Freshness System.
- Has precise temperature control.
- It is not Energy Star compliant but it’s still energy efficient.
For this budget, this compact refrigerator is a great buy. It has great features and excellent design with no major drawbacks.
3. Frigidaire FFHS2622MW 26 Cu. Ft. Side-By-Side Refrigerator
Honestly speaking, this is one of the best side by side fridges on the market today. It fits the bill perfectly and its large capacity gives you more storage room. In addition, it requires very little maintenance and is energy efficient.
- Features Energy Saver Plus technology that puts the fridge into energy saving mode.
- Ready select controls.
- Has humidity controlled crisper drawers to keep your fruits and vegetables fresh for longer.
- PureSource 3 water filtration (better tasting, pure water).
- Store-more capacity that includes adjustable door bins, gallon door and stacked drawer.
- Control lock option allows you to lock your fridge using exterior controls.
- The shelves are spill safe.
- The fridge usually goes into an energy saving mode if not opened for 24 hours with the help of Energy Star plus technology.
- Easy for one person to wheel out to clean behind it since it only weighs 290 pounds.
- The freezer space is a bit small because of the ice dispenser.
Without a shred of doubt, the Frigidaire FFHS2622MW is a great investment. In my testing it performed better than I was expecting.
4. Avanti Model RMS550PS – Side-By-Side Refrigerator/Freezer
The Avanti Model RMS550PS Side-by-Side offers a generous 5.5 cubic feet capacity and this makes it a great addition to your home or office. Thanks to a space saving flush back design, this fridge allows for more placement options.
- Equipped with adjustable/removable door bins and glass shelves in refrigerator section and two fixed shelves in the freezer section.
- Full range temperature control.
- Energy Star certified.
- Convenient door bins for extra storage.
- Features a space saving flush-back design, platinum doors with a molded decorator top.
- Recessed door handle
- Free standing installation only.
- Vegetable crisper to keep your food fresh and crunchy.
- Its wide array of temperature options keeps your snacks and groceries fresh for longer.
- Offers convenient storage compartments.
- Energy efficient and compact.
- Amazingly affordable for a refrigerator with premium features.
- Proper ventilation is needed to maintain satisfactory cooling of this refrigerator but this is not a major issue.
Great fridge with premium features.