Researching for a new refrigerator can be a daunting task. But don’t worry, I’m here to do the leg work for you – test, review and offer my suggestions. I always keep in mind the general customer opinion and share it below in the full review.
Today we’ll have a look at the Edgestar Energy Star Compact Refrigerator. It’s designed and manufactured by Living Star. Living Star is an online retail company, established back in 1999, that was earlier known as Richlund Ventures. It is based in Austin, Texas.
What are its key features?
Edgestar compact fridge is designed for use in small apartments, dorms or small offices, where space availability is a concern and drives the selection criteria. It can be placed in small spaces with very little side clearance and 3-4 inches back side clearance. It’s silent and performs well.
See Amazon.com offer – it’s currently among the best in the market
|Design:||Compact design. Good storage volume.
It requires a distance of 1-2” on the sides and 3-4” from the back wall for ventilation.
|Temperature control:||Adjustable thermostat - 34 to 60 Deg F.|
|Storage:||3.1 Cu Ft storage capacity.
Separate freezer and refrigerator compartments.
Two removable glass shelves and a vegetable crisper. Removable shelves.
|Exterior and Interior:||Stainless steel doors.|
|Doors:||Reversible door hinges.
Magnetic closing is available on both sides.
|Capacity:||3.1 Cu Ft|
|Defrost:||Automatic defrost for refrigerator compartment and manual defrost for freezer compartment.|
|Voltage:||115Volts / 60 Hz|
|Power:||80 Watts / 0.64 Amps|
|Dimensions:||External: 33-1/2” H x 18-3/4” W x 19-3/4” D
Internal: 26-3/4” H x 15-1/2” W x 14-3/4” D
This Edgestar refrigerator is UL certified, meaning that it fulfills strict energy efficiency guidelines formulated by US Environment Protection Agency.
What makes it stand out? Specific features:
This Edgestar model is a standalone compact refrigerator that in spite of its small dimensions provides sufficient storage capacity. It’s a very silent kitchen appliance so it will not disturb your sleeping/working in the same area.
It features separate freezer and refrigerator compartments so that you can adjust temperatures independently. This will help save some money on your energy bill.
Customer reviews- What customers have to say about it?
Sam R Sheppard
- I’m very pleased with my new fridge. It arrived packed well and in good shape.
- This is a very quiet little fridge. I love the separate freezer compartment – it’s a perfect match for my needs.
Karen M Barna
- I bought this compact fridge for my office because I needed to replace the old one that nearly drove me insane because of the noise it made. This is whisper quiet compared to a lot of models in the same price range – so I can confirm what the guy at the store said.
- I’m a student and this is my new new fridge for dorm. It’s sturdy built and quiet – this is very important as I installed in my bedroom.
This Edgestar fridge offers great value for money and it’s a very good fit for small apartments, dorms and even small offices. Check out it’s pros and cons below.
- Compact design, can be placed in a small space
- ENERGY STAR rated product.
- Silent operation.
- Moulded worktop.
- Separate temperature settings for refrigerator and freezer.
- It’s very popular and highly appreciated by students
- It has high customer rating across the board.
- Available online
- See more pictures and reviews on Amazon.com >>>
- The steel doors need frequent cleaning, as touch marks are visible.