If you’ve been looking for a compact refrigerator for your small kitchen – one that performs excellently, looks sleek and costs reasonable, the RF-244SS by Sunpentown is ideal for you.
Sunpentown or SPT, as they like to be known, is a successful appliances manufacturer that has its presence across a wide range of products. Right from air con to fitness and massage equipment, STP have been known to build quality products that use less energy compared to the competition. STP has given other large brands a run for their money. It has an astounding range of both domestic and commercial appliances.
Today we’ll review one of their bestseller products – the RF-244SS compact refrigerator. Let’s take a closer look at it’s specifications.
|Type||• Compact refrigerator
|Color||• Stainless steel door with black cabinet|
|Net Capacity||• 24 cu. Ft.|
|Freezer Capacity||• 0.18 cu. ft.|
|Range of temperature||• Freezer: ≤ 15° F
• Fridge: 34° F to 41° F
|Weight||• 37.9 lbs|
|Product Dimensions||• Height – 24.875”
• Width (left to right) – 17.25”
• Depth (front to back, including the door) – 20.125”
• Depth Range for Storage – 20.1” to 24”
• Length of the cord: > 1 feet
The SPT compact refrigerator can be installed under the counter or on the countertop. Both ways, it looks good and functions well. It is advisable to leave an 8” clearance space on the left, right and above the refrigerator. Also, a 6” clearance at the back is necessary to ensure proper flow of air around the refrigerator.
Let’s see the operating aspects of the refrigerator. The 60 Hz refrigerator has amperage of 0.85 A, the voltage of 115 V and wattage of 70 W.
What Makes SPT RF-244SS Better Than Its Competition?
Keystone, Culinair, Electrolux, and Midea are the major competitors of this SPT. However, reviews suggest that SPT fairs much better in general. While the compact refrigerators of some of the competing brands are priced too steeply, there are others who have freezers that are too small. The owners of SPT compact refrigerator suggests STP’s build quality is better as compared to the other brands that they have owned in the past.
This refrigerator has been designed excellently to offer more space within the confined dimensions. The design is beautiful inside out. The interior is made of white plastic.
Most of us are used to our refrigerator door opening from a particular side. If you have gotten used to pulling the door’s handle on the left side from your previous refrigerator, it might take some time for you to get used to the door that opens from the right side. But SPT RF-244SS comes with a reversible door that can be hinged on either side according to your choice.
Also, this SPT compact refrigerator is energy star qualified so it saves you a couple of dollars every month on utility bills.
The SPT compact refrigerator comes with 2 wire racks. There are multiple notches to hold the rack at the desired height. The slide-out wire racks enhance the versatility of the refrigerator. The door has a rack to accommodate tall bottles as well.
Although compact, it does have a freezer. It’s a seven-inch wide freezer fitted in the top-right corner. It has an adjustable thermostat and performs extremely well. It also has a tray to collect any leakage from the freezer while defrosting is underway.
Whom is the SPT RF-244SS Suitable for?
The SPT compact refrigerator is best suited for people with smaller kitchens. It makes sense for bachelors to spend on a compact refrigerator. Small families that have basic requirements should go for this product without any second thoughts.
What do the Owners of SPT RF-244SS have to say?
- The SPT compact refrigerator proved to be perfect for use at my office. It fits well under my desk. The cooling is perfect and it keeps my food fresher for longer. It also looks very chic.
- The refrigerator is very sturdy. The cooling is very powerful and it works great for both home and office use. I would recommend this product to everyone looking for a small refrigerator.
- The SPT compact refrigerator is very spacious and functions well. I think that the price is very reasonable too.
Want a reliable and efficient ice maker? Look no further than the SPT RF-244SS. This powerful unit can produce up to 24 lbs of ice per day, ensuring that you always have plenty of ice on hand. Plus, with a storage capacity of 2.5 lbs, you won’t have to worry about running out of ice.
Don’t settle for a subpar ice maker, upgrade to the SPT RF-244SS and enjoy a steady supply of ice all year round.
- The flush back design.
- It’s a freestanding refrigerator, which saves space and can easily fit both over and under the counter.
- It features a reversible door.
- The refrigerator is energy star certified, which makes it energy efficient and eco-friendly.
- It’s very silent – it’s confirmed by customers across the range.
- The adjustable thermostat offers 3 levels of temperature.
- Adjustable racks and ample storage in the door racks.
- Read more opinions of actual buyers – amazon.com
- Defrosting needs to be done manually. Automatic defrosting would have been a nice addition.