Resetting your appliances from time to time is generally a well-advised practice. And your Magic Chef fridge will serve you for a long time when maintained regularly.
Should any issues turn up, a factory reset may resolve them and allow the appliance to function correctly again. On that note, here is a short guide on resetting your Magic Chef Fridge and ice maker.
Resetting A Magic Chef Refrigerator
Magic Chef fridges do not have a dedicated reset button. So, how to reset it without a button? It’s pretty simple.
First, unplug your Magic Chef refrigerator from the power socket. Alternatively, you can switch off the circuit breaker. Wait for 10-15 minutes and simply plug it back!
Reasons Why You Would Need To Reset Your Magic Chef Fridge
There could be a myriad of reasons why your fridge is causing issues. And the signs that your fridge may need a reset are:
- The refrigerator compartment is too cold, causing the food and other contents to freeze
- The fridge doesn’t cool its contents enough, causing them to go rancid
- Water leaks from the fridge
- The compressor doesn’t turn off automatically or is not functioning at all
If you’re facing any of these issues with your refrigerator, a reset could fix them. If these problems are still not resolved, you may contact the Magic Chef customer support team that will send a professional for help.
Resetting A Magic Chef Ice Maker
Step 1: To reset the ice maker of your Magic Chef refrigerator, press the power button.
Step 2: Once the power indicator light comes on, wait up to 15 minutes for the ice maker to dispense ice cubes.
Step 3: After it does so, press the power button again to reset it.
It’s important to note that you should wait another 3-5 minutes before using the ice maker again. This ensures that the freezer is ready for the next batch.
Cleaning A Magic Chef Ice Maker
You can utilize the time the ice maker takes to reset by cleaning it. Here are the steps to follow:
Step 1: Start by removing the ice basket.
Step 2: Next, remove the drain cap so that the water flows out.
Step 3: You can clean out the ice maker thoroughly using a soft cloth and a detergent solution.
Step 4: Dry the ice maker with a different clean cloth.
Step 5: Place the drain cap back on. You can also clean the ice basket with a soft cloth.
Step 6: Lastly, replace the ice basket, and you’re done.
General Troubleshooting Tips For Your Magic Chef Fridge
If your fridge does not function properly even after a reset, there are a few steps you could take before contacting the appliance repair professional.
1. Check the power supply – there is a chance that the fridge cannot turn on due to an inadequate supply of electricity.
2. Examine the electrical cord properly – if it is damaged, have it replaced by the repair professional.
3. If the fridge cools too much or too little, see if the temperature setting is proper and adjust accordingly.
4. If the refrigerator doesn’t cool properly, ensure that the condenser coils are not dirty – in case they are, clean them out
5. If the coils have ice on them, you may need to defrost the fridge.
6. Check the drain tube if there’s water leakage inside the fridge and in case there’s an obstruction in the pipe, clean it.
There isn’t one, but that is no cause for worry. Resetting is as simple as unplugging your refrigerator and plugging it back in a little while later.
Why is my fridge not cooling even after I reset it?
The appliance’s condenser coils may be dirty. Unplug the fridge, open the back panel and check the condenser coils. If the coils are dirty, clean them out and restart the fridge.
How long does it take to reset a fridge?
It will take up to 30 minutes to fully reset your Magic Chef fridge.
Why is my fridge making unusual noises even after resetting?
If your Magic Chef refrigerator makes noises continuously, even after a reset, try to determine the source of the noise. Chances are, it is either the condenser fan or the compressor.
In either case, it is recommended to contact a professional to fix the problem.
For your Magic Chef fridge to serve you a long time, you should reset it from time to time. You can also reset mini fridges for increased longevity.
Doing this regularly is sound practice and will prevent your Magic Chef refrigerator from needing repairs prematurely. It is simple as well and takes no time to perform. With general troubleshooting tips, your refrigerator will last a long time.