Freezerless refrigerators are those refrigerators that do not have a freezer inbuilt in their body. These refrigerators are ideal for looking for more space to keep the food chilled rather than frozen.
Freezers often take up many cubic feet in refrigerators. Hence, to enhance storage space, freezerless refrigerators were constructed.
In this review of the best freezerless fridges, we will discuss the following topics:
- Are freezerless refrigerators good?
- Why should I buy a freezerless refrigerator?
- Should I have a separate freezer and fridge?
- Do freezerless refrigerators have ice makers?
The Best Freezerless Fridges Are:
- Designer Freezerless Refrigerator
- Danby Compact Refrigerator
- KoolMore Commercial Reach-in Refrigerator
- Silhouette Freezerless Built-in Refrigerator
- Danby Freezerless Counter Depth Refrigerator
Top pick: Designer Freezerless Refrigerator
- Dimensions: 60.8 x 66.2 x 149.3 cm
- Weight: 130.1 pounds
- Listings and Certification: CSA Listed
The Designer Freezerless Refrigerator has a capacity of 11.0 cubic feet and runs on a mechanical thermostat. The temperature range is between 50 to 32 degrees Fahrenheit making it very versatile for storing food.
The Designer Freezerless Refrigerator uses a 1/3 HP compressor that allows for optimum performance. Additionally, this refrigerator uses an environmentally friendly refrigerant (R600A).
This Energy Star compliant Danby Designer Freezerless Refrigerator uses energy efficiently and is best for indoor use. The Danby Designer Freezerless Refrigerator is integrated with door shelves where you can store tall bottles as well. It also comes with four full-width glass shelves to easily organize and store items in the refrigerator.
Another feature of the Danby Designer Freezerless Refrigerator is that it comes with an integrated and reversible door handle that you can mount from either side- right or left.
- It has an 18-month warranty that covers the replacement of all parts and labor. They also provide in-home services for those who need help setting up.
- It comes with glass shelves, and crispers keep your food fresh for longer
- This refrigerator is rated with energy star due to its efficient use of power
- Not for small apartment spaces
Buyer’s Guide: Are freezerless refrigerators good?
Although a multipurpose or an all-purpose refrigerator does an excellent job at keeping and storing food at home, freezerless refrigerators also play their role in its efficiency. Especially if you consider power usage and space management, using a freezerless refrigerator gives you more space and consumes less energy than an all-purpose refrigerator.
Why should I buy a freezerless refrigerator?
There are plenty of reasons why you should purchase a freezerless refrigerator. Here are some of the top benefits to buying a freezerless refrigerator:
- Save up more on energy consumption
- For better space management/to free up space
- To save money since freezerless refrigerators are typically cheaper than all-purpose refrigerators.
- For aesthetic purposes, if you want to separate your frozen food from the chilled ones.
Should I have a separate freezer and fridge?
With many options in the market today, you can opt for an all-purpose refrigerator or a freezerless refrigerator according to your preference. It can also depend on the amount of space you have at home to install a fridge.
If you customize your kitchen and want your refrigerator to fit under the counter, you can go for a separate freezer and refrigerator. Having these shelves separated helps you categorize your food better and even have more storage for regular food in your fridge.
Do freezerless refrigerators have ice makers?
Some freezerless refrigerators come with ice makers and even water dispensers. Typically, most freezerless refrigerators don’t have ice makers since they take up a lot of space.
The primary reason for purchasing a freezerless refrigerator is to manage the storage system in your refrigerator or because you already have a standalone freezer, so companies don’t typically add ice makers to freezerless refrigerators.
Watch this video to know more about the best freezerless fridges.
Freezerless Fridge Reviews
Danby Compact Refrigerator
The Danby Compact Refrigerator comes with a capacity of 4.4 cubic feet and runs on a mechanical thermostat. The temperature range for this refrigerator is between 37 and 41 degrees Fahrenheit.
It uses a 1/2 HP compressor with an environment-efficient refrigerant of R600A. The Danby Compact Refrigerator is best for small living spaces or if you want to have a counter refrigerator. Because of its compact size, it fits almost anywhere and is highly versatile. It comes with a scratch-resistant worktop and a smooth back design. The Danby Compact Refrigerator is an environmentally friendly appliance.
- It comes with a manufacturer warranty of 18 months
- The Danby Compact Refrigerator is Energy Star compliant
- It comes with four full-width removable glass shelves for storage
- No interior lighting
KoolMore Reach-in Refrigerator
The KoolMore Reach-in Refrigerator has a capacity of 19 cubic feet and a temperature range from 33 to 41 degrees Fahrenheit. It uses a 1/5 HP compressor and R290 refrigerant that helps the refrigerator maintain optimum performance.
This freezerless refrigerator is best for commercial use and comes with four pre-installed casters and brakes, making this refrigerator portable. It is made of stainless steel for longer-lasting durability along with a sleek look. It makes this refrigerator easy to clean and maintain.
- It comes with an external digital temperature display to control the temperature quickly.
- This refrigerator comes with four deep shelves that are adjustable and can be arranged as per your preferences.
- It comes with a self-closing feature which helps the food remain fresh for longer.
- It can be a little noisy.
Silhouette Freezerless Built-in Refrigerator
The Silhouette Freezerless Built-in Refrigerator has a capacity of 5 cubic feet and runs on a digital thermometer. This refrigerator offers a temperature range from 33 to 44 degrees Fahrenheit. It comes with a 1/5 compressor and R2901 refrigerant.
The Silhouette Freezerless Built-in Refrigerator is best for storing perishables because of its versatile temperature control range. It showcases an under-the-counter design with a sleek design made with stainless steel to ensure durability. It comes with three shelves for easy storage and a dual evaporator cooling system to keep your food fresh for longer.
- The Silhouette Freezerless Built-in Refrigerator features a self-closing door.
- It offers a 24-month in-home warranty with a 90-day return policy
- It comes with LED controls that make it easier to monitor the temperature
- The shelves are not adjustable.
Danby Freezerless Counter Depth Refrigerator
The Danby Freezerless counter depth refrigerator comes with a capacity of 11 cubic feet and runs on a mechanical thermostat. Its temperature ranges from 33 to 44 degrees Fahrenheit. This refrigerator has a 1/5 HP compressor and R600A refrigerant that offers quality performance.
The Danby Freezerless counter depth Refrigerator is best for those looking for a simple and elegant design. It is a retro-inspired refrigerator that is back inside and out. It comes with eight chrome-trimmed glass shelves for both door and primary storage. The door storage is adjustable, giving you more control over its versatility.
- It comes with a 12 months warranty
- The Danby Freezerless counter depth Refrigerator is energy star rated
- It has a reversible door hinge
- This product is non-returnable