If you’re studying, sweating in your homemade gym, or just working from home, a mini-fridge will make your experience much more enjoyable and convenient. They have become increasingly popular because you can hide in your office during Covid, so you don’t have to use the communicable kitchen fridge and swap germs with you’re coworkers.
In this guide, we got through a few different options and answer what is the best compact fridge in Australia? Plus, we answer:
- Where should you put the fridge?
- How much space do you need?
- What should you look for?
Mini fridge reviews
- Frigidaire Retro Mini Portable Fridge
- AstroAI Mini Fridge
- Advwin 13L Mini Fridge
- Coca Cola Portable Fridge
- Russell Hobbs Mini Fridge
Frigidaire Retro Mini Portable Fridge
This is a sleek black designed fridge. A great thing about the black fridge is that it blends into the shadows under your desk, making it stealthy for the office or home office. To add to this, is that it makes zero noise, and it’s lighter weight than you’d expect.
There is a heavy duty locking latch and door hinge to keep your beverages or snack secure, this is great if you are going to use it in the office, or your kids keep stealing your office treats. It’s also easy to clean, and the fully insulated interior includes a shelf for storing small snacks.
You’ll love it so much, you end up getting more than one for multiple rooms.
- Very quiet.
- Black retro design: will look great with any decor whether contemporary or traditional.
- Perfect for a dorm room, office or camper.
- Holds 6 cans or 4 liters.
- Only in one size and colour.
AstroAI Mini Fridge
The fridge works as advertised and can be used in a car or camper because it has ac/dc adapters, meaning it can connect to a 12V car power supply. It’s one of the top sellers on Amazon because its a popular worldwide brand, so you know what you’re getting and the company offers the top-notch customer support, if you do have any problems.
AstroAI mini fridges are small refrigerators that can store food, drinks, beer, snacks, breast milk, makeup, and skincare products. This product is ideal for use in your bedroom, office, dorm, travel, boating, camping, etc.
- Popular brand.
- Can connect to a 12V car power supply.
- Semiconductor refrigeration chip is freon-free and environmentally friendly.
- Quiet technology keeps sound at a minimum 25dB.
- Keep items cold but not “freezing cold.”
Advwin 13L Mini Fridge
This mini fridge has a capacity of 13L, so there is plenty of room to store more items. The skim profiles means it doesn’t take up a lot of room, but is still well insulated. It has shelves with removable dividers that will keep your things organised. It has AC/DC adapters so you can put it in a car or camper.
A great little appliance for storing food, drinks, beer, snacks, breast milk, insulin, cosmetics, and skincare. By using thermoelectric technology, contents can be cooled down to 22-25°C below room temperature or heated up to 65°C without using harmful chemicals or wasting energy.
- Easy maintenance: the tray can be easily removed.
- Portable can be used at home and in the car.
- Can be used hot or cold.
- Large capacity.
- Some say it doesn’t get to cold.
Coca Cola Portable Fridge
Keep your drinks cold with the Coca-Cola Personal Mini Fridge. This small refrigerator-like cooler, makes a great conversation starter, and is ideal for keeping your favorite drinks cold at your office, home bar, or RV.
Featuring self-locking recessed door handles and a 4 L capacity, this refrigerator is lightweight, portable, and compact. It requires no ice and has two sections to separate your foods and drinks. This fridge is ETL certified, this ensures that the product has unmatched quality and safety.
- Nostalgic design.
- Great gift.
- Portable can be used at home and in the car.
- Branded design.
Russell Hobbs Mini Fridge
Besides being quiet, stylish and holding six cans or small water bottles, this mini-fridge offers many benefits. It will keep your drinks and snacks very cold. There is a humming sound, but it is not bothersome. A thing to note, is to have some space at the back to allow ventilation to stop the back getting warm.
This Russell Hobbs Mini Compact Cooler is the perfect size for storing cosmetics, too. With its compact yet chic design, it won’t look out of place on your dressing table. You can adjust the temperature to cool up to 20°C below the ambient temperature. There’s even a handy pocket on the inner door, perfect for storing face masks.
- Door latch to secure your treats.
- Door pocket.
- Versatile mini cooler, great for skincare and cosmetics.
- Can be loud.
Benefits of fridges for small spaces
If you find your bedroom or study lacking cold snacks and drinks? A mini fridge is the perfect solution, here are some benefits:
- A space-saving refrigerator doesn’t take up a lot of space.
- Mini refrigerators have many different choices available regardless of their size and style of use.
- They are increadly energy-efficient when compared to a regular fridge.
- Great for elderly people so they don’t have to use the stairs.
- Covid friendly – you don’t have to share a communal fridge.
- They are perfect as bar fridges
It can be used to keep your creamer cold at your coffee bar, and many other things like; making sure you have fresh food , drinks, cold beer, snacks, breast milk, insulin, cosmetics, and skincare.
Where do you put the fridge?
First, you should check the space you have available and check the size of the fridge you wish to purchase. After, this you can narrow down the locations and make sure it fits. Here are some primary places to put them:
- End of furniture: beds, table, sofa, etc.
- Underneath tables and desks.
- In a convenient place: on top of tables or furniture.
You should always keep in mind having enough space for the door to open. Luckily because they are not integrated fridges, and mini fridges are portable in nature, they can more or less be put anywhere.