Sometimes after coming home from the store loaded with foods and vegetables, it becomes pretty stressful to keep all the food items in a refrigerator because it’s not spacious enough. So choosing a fridge where you can store enough food becomes obvious.
But, don’t worry, we’ve listed some best bottom freezer refrigerators to help you out.
A few questions this article will cover:
- How to choose the right bottom freezer refrigerator?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of a bottom freezer refrigerator?
- Why are bottom-freezer refrigerators expensive?
1Top Pick: LG 25.50 cu. ft. Bottom Freezer Refrigerator
This LG 25.50 cu. ft. is our top pick because it’s spacious enough to store all your favorite foods and easy to organize. Its multi-air flow system maintains the temperature and humidity level, keeping your food fresher for an extended period.
This fridge comes with a well-designed interior LED and door cooling making it look extravagant. Also, its energy star has a positive effect on energy consumption, energy bill, and the environment. This modern technology refrigerator comes with everything you need from space, design, functionality, etc. that makes it the best choice among the bottom freezer refrigerators.
Since there are many products in the market, it can be overwhelming when choosing the right one. Here are a few things to consider to ensure that you make the right pick.
- Estimate the price range you’re willing to spend
- Check is features and energy saver
- Choose the size according to your kitchen space
- Select the one that complements the interior of your kitchen
- Figure the door style you want because there are various types: single, double, triple, French door, etc.
- And most importantly, choose the brand you trust
For more additional information on choosing a suitable fridge, have a look at this video.
Advantages and disadvantages
Bottom mounted freezers are a popular household appliance, but it comes with advantages and disadvantages like any other products.
The advantages are:
- The refrigerator is at eye level, making it easier to find and store all your favorite foods, and is more accessible.
- The bottom freezer refrigerators have variable temperature settings that allow you to change the temperature at your convenience.
- It is more spacious, easy to organize and find food items without a struggle.
The disadvantages are:
- It might be inconvenient to frequently bend down for ice if your fridge does not have an ice or water dispenser at the door.
- The bottom freezer refrigerators cost more than the freezer-on-top fridges’ because the more advanced it is, the higher the price.
- Since frozen heavy foods like ham and turkey get stored in the freezer, it might be a disadvantage for older people or those who suffer from back pain to lift these heavy items as it can cause a problem.
Bottom-mounted refrigerators are expensive due to several reasons. They have a larger compartment with drawers that allows more food to be stored and is more convenient. Also, very few bottom-freezer refrigerators are available in the market, which makes it even more expensive. When a product comes with more additional features, it comes with a higher price.
When it comes to choosing, it depends on your purpose and convenience. As a buyer, it entirely depends on whether you want a freezer at the top or bottom and whether you want high-end or classic models.
2GE GDE21EMKES 30 Inch Bottom Freezer Refrigerator Slate
GE 30 Inch Bottom Freezer Refrigerator Slate comes with clear LED lighting that allows you to find foods or anything you want quickly. It has an automatic icemaker, and its sliding snack drawer provides more space. It also comes with advanced water filtration and an accurate temperature display.
- one-year warranty
- bottom freezer
- reversible doors
- automatic defrost
- energy star certified
- the freezer is not spacious
- the temperature at the top is 60F most of the time
3Whirlpool 22 cu. ft. Bottom Freezer Refrigerator in Stainless Steel
Whirlpool 22cu.ft. also comes with LED lighting making it easy to look for foods. A well-designed refrigerator with a sleek design offers a generous space to store groceries. Its FreshFlow technology helps keep the foods fresher and absorbs excess gas to keep the food from spoiling. The humidity controller keeps the fruits and vegetables in their ideal environment.
- energy star qualified
- deli drawer
- automatic defrost
- not smart home compatible
- no ice and water dispenser
4Samsung 24 in. 11.3 cu. ft. Bottom Freezer Refrigerator in Fingerprint-Resistant Stainless Steel
Samsung 24 in. 11.3 cu. Ft. is designed for smaller spaces, and its LED lighting keeps the fridge bright. It has fingerprint-resistant that helps keep the refrigerator clean, while its modern design makes the kitchen beautiful. Its full open box freezer provides easy access, and the multi-vent technology keeps every shelf evenly cooled. Also, its elegant handle gives easy access.
- energy star certified and eco-friendly
- maximum capacity
- spill-proof shelves
- temperature alarm
- no ice maker
- no dispenser
5Unique Retro 21.6 in. 9 cu. ft. Bottom Freezer Refrigerator
Unique’s Retro 21.6 in. 9 cu. ft. is another good option if you’re looking for refrigerators under budget. It is a stylish vintage-inspired fridge that takes you back to the ’50s with its retro design. Its optimal energy saving provides energy efficiency all year round. Also, it is convenient to store foods and a perfect fit for smaller kitchens. This unique bottom freezer also has an adjustable thermostat and provides efficient insulation. Although much smaller, its simple features and stylish design make it a perfect showpiece.
- adjustable door shelf
- stylish design
- wine rack
- removable shelves
- energy star certified
- no ice maker and dispenser
- no light inside