If you’re looking for the best fridge for an RV but don’t know where to start, then you’ve come to the right place. We also have reviews that might interest you on the best fridges for camping, truckers, vanlife, and 4wd’s. However, this guide will help you understand:
- What are the best fridges for RV in 2021?
- How to pick the suitable fridge for RV?
- What are some essential maintenance tips for your RV fridge?
- Can you install a regular home fridge in your RV?
1Arctic King Two Door Mini Fridge with Freezer
First off, our top pick on this list is the Arctic King because of its extreme reliability and easy maintenance. An essential feature of this product is that it has sufficient storage space with a separate freezer compartment. So you’ll not only be able to store both frozen and refrigerated food items enough for several days during your camping.
Thanks to its adjustable thermostat and legs, you can easily control the temperature and leg height, respectively, according to your needs. Moreover, it’s significantly energy-efficient and can house a two-liter bottle.
However, the best thing about this fridge is its manual defrost feature, which makes it highly convenient for cleaning.
Overall, the product isn’t just an ordinary fridge; it has all the necessary features needed for your RV. Plus, you don’t have to worry about storing sufficient food items or keeping them fresh for a more extended period with this fridge. Click here if you like this product.
- Manual defrost allows for easy maintenance.
- Adjustable temperature and legs.
- Perfect for any space.
- Interior light.
- Some users reported that it’s pretty noisy.
How to choose the best fridge for RV?
Before picking a fridge blindly, there are several things you should consider, as discussed below:
Nowadays, several RV fridge types are available, such as electric, propane, two-way fridge, and three-way fridge. Although propane fridges are less expensive, the downside is that it has no backup power source.
However, if you want versatility with power supply, consider the two-way fridge, which can run on 110-Volt AC electric and propane gas power supply.
But a three-way fridge will give you the ability to switch the power supply between 12-Volt DC, 110-Volt AC, and propane gas. Hence, it brings down to your needs.
Here, we’re talking about the exterior dimensions of your RV fridge. Remember, choosing an imbalance size will cause substantial framing renovation, thereby resulting in more expenses.
This aspect relates to the interior size of your RV fridge, which will significantly depend on how much food and drinks you want to store. Plus, consider the interior layout based on your needs and preferences.
Additionally, other essential things, such as durability, price, are worth considering before blindly buying a fridge.
Essential Maintenance Tips for your RV Fridge
Here are some essential maintenance tips for your RV fridge:
- First, ensure you’ve installed your fridge correctly.
- Check the wires and connections regularly after every drive.
- We recommend parking your RV in the shade to promote efficiency, especially the side where you’ve placed the fridge.
- Start the cooling process before placing any food items or going on a trip.
- Always wipe dry the bottoms of containers before putting them in the fridge.
- To ensure improved air circulation, place the food items in order. Click here if you’re wondering how to arrange food items in your RV fridge properly.
- Eliminate any building-up of carbon from the burner assembly. The video below will go over some essential tips on how to clean your RV fridge’s burner tube.
Can you install a regular home fridge in your RV?
Home fridges cannot withstand the vibrations of your RV due to their softer construction materials.
Additionally, most home fridges aren’t compatible with the power supply in your RV. Hence, the answer is straightforward no.
2Frigidaire FFBN1721TV French Door Refrigerator
If you want to wow your friends, then the Frigidaire FFBN1721TV will be an ideal choice. With its smooth surface and four exterior doors, it has a stylish modern design.
One good thing about this fridge is that the question of food shortage is out of the box. Thanks to its 17.4 cubic feet total capacity, you store ample food items, ranging from refrigerated to frozen food items.
However, the best thing we like about this fridge is the exterior control panel. It means you can adjust the settings without needing to open the fridge.
- Distinctive and stylish design.
- Digital LED display.
- The freezer shelves are adjustable.
- Generous storage capacity.
- Dual evaporators keep away moisture.
- Adjustable interior parts help you find items effortlessly.
- It is relatively expensive.
- Not suitable for users looking for smaller sizes.
3Galanz Estar Compact Fridge with Freezer
If a fridge with four exterior doors isn’t for you, consider the Galanz Estar, which comes with only two doors.
One essential attribute of this fridge is that it features an adjustable thermostat. So you can easily control the temperature according to your needs. Moreover, thanks to its handy can dispensers and removable glass shelves, you don’t need to spend hours cleaning it.
We like this product because it features reversible doors, allowing you to open the fridge from either right or left side.
- It comes with cooling and freezing features.
- Separate freezer compartment.
- Stainless-steel look.
- Bright interior lighting.
- It can hold a 2-liter bottle.
- Reversible doors.
- The storage capacity is relatively insufficient for some users.
4NewAir Dual Zone Built-in Compressor Wine and Beverage Refrigerator
If you’re into partying with friends regularly, then this product is what you need. With its capacity of 60-can and 18-bottle, nothing can stop you from partying away with your friends.
We like this fridge because it comes with an adjustable temperature range. Plus, you can keep your wine and beverage collection secure. Thanks to its locking mechanism.
- Reliable dual-zone wine cooler.
- Substantial storage capacity.
- Lockable doors.
- It is an ideal pick for storing wine and beverages.
- Front-venting compressor.
- LED light.
- It is quite noisy, especially in freestanding.
5ICECO VL60 Portable Refrigerator
Our last pick is the ICECO VL60, which is perfect if you’re looking for the most compact and portable fridge for your RV.
Thanks to its 60-liter capacity and two cooling zones, you can store both frozen and refrigerated items for several days. Plus, you can set the temperature for each cooling zone or turn off one zone to save energy consumption.
However, we like this product because it comes with two power cables, allowing for easy setup.
- Adaptable storage.
- It works as a freezer and fridge.
- It runs on both DC and AC power.
- Durable design.
- Perfect size for a couple.
- It is not suitable for more than two people.