Refrigerator damage is usually common and shared by most users: it began to make a different sound than normal, the light turns on but the fridge does not cool, the temperature is not usual, among others.
What to do as a preliminary step to call the technical service for the refrigerator?
1. If normal noise is not heard and the light bulbs inside the refrigerator do not come on, check if it is properly plugged in and if the outlet is working properly.
If using an extension cord, remove it and test it with another appliance. It could be in poor condition and prevent the operation of the fridge.
2. If the light comes on, but the refrigerator cannot be heard working, put you ear against the appliance to notice if any strange noise from any component is heard.
Some tests can be done to see if it returns to normal:
- move the temperature control to colder;
- clean the condenser coils with a vacuum cleaner or brush;
- check the compressor fan;
- check thermostatic temperature control;
- check evaporator fan;
- Check the compressor itself.
3. If the temperature is not adequate, it is recommended to check the internal temperature control. The refrigerator should be between 37 and 40 ° F (3 to 4 ° C), and the freezer between 0 and 5 ° F (-15 to -18 ° C).
4. If the refrigerator stops and starts to run constantly, the first step is to clean the tube rack, and check the voltage of the outlet. If that is not the problem, it could be the freezer fan, the compressor relay, the overload protector or the compressor itself.
In case you do not find the fault, you cannot perform any of the tests, or you simply want a specialist to check your fridge, do not hesitate to browse online – there are a lot of guides to help you in the struggle.